I despise Mr. Bean. Somehow the idea of an adult man having no control over himself, his life and his environment does not appeal to me. So when this happened to me yesterday, it made me almost froth in the mouth.
1. Got my voters ID out of the almairah and into my purse
2. Rounded up the kids, for their first time voting (Kid#1 was out of country for the previous one)
3. Got into car and boldly ventured to exercise our demo(effin)cratic right to elect our government
4. Found that we were not listed in the voters list at our new address where we have lived for almost two years
5. Drove to our previous address and found that we were not listed there either – we lived there for more than 20 years dammit!
6. Had a WTF moment (when three people have the same WTF moment, I must tell you its fairly profound and creates blissful one-ness which in our case translated into a “since we are out, might as well as have lunch somewhere outside”)
7. DIL had gone to parental abode to vote, and came back proudly showing us the finger : The Bacchhan family has a lot to answer for! Humph!
8. I was overstuffed on restaurant food, angry and irritated : How does a person who has lived for 25 effin years in the same town be missing from the town’s list? I did what any one in my place would do … I went to sleep.
9. I searched the net for the person whom I should bash for omitting the names of my whole damn family (we are 3 people, guys, not so much of an effort to include?). I did not find the person I should send hate mail to
10. I am using a CD Marker to make a black spot on my finger to show to Mr. Bacchhan and family and various sundry celebrities.
Gaah! I am such a wannabe!!!!