Here I am looking for tiny print … the teeniest tiniest one in which I shall proclaim
“and I am one!”
The entire saga began in February ….. what the hell! It actually began when the boys were born, but that is another story – a long one, but not in context right now – at least I think so!
1. I asked Kid#2 when the insurance of the car he runs errands in (that is the official reason for his car – unofficially it is to impress girls) expires and he said three months later
2. I have dumb blonde moments, so I believed him
3. He goes and gets an accident which involves a broken windscreen, various damage to car etc. Mercifully the cops did not come knocking my front door, because Kid#2 fled the scene of the crime and the other guy was too busy being shocked at the damage to his car.
4. What do you know, insurance expired in February. I could cheerfully commit murder (What do they call it when you murder grown up sons? Son-i-cide I think!)
5. Kid#1 and Kid#2 offer to take cuts on their allowances, to help me pay for the car repair. I feel guilty – it feels like taking 50 p coins from their gullak. I snap nastily and rave and rant.
6. Entire lot of us in a sulk, not talking to each other
7. DIL comes home and gets update from both the boys. I am not talking to anyone …..
8. She ends up screaming at all of us. Kid#2 for being a jackass, Kid #1 because he is married to her, me because I snapped. Feeling that she has done her duty towards the family, she sits down to watch cable.
9. Every one serves themselves dinner and rushes off to eat in their rooms
10. Meanwhile I still have a humungous car repair bill to pay, not to mention expense of getting another car insurance …
Sigh!!!! MOTHERHOOD IS NOT FOR WIMPS