1. He has the cutest boyish smile – and the twinkle in his eyes Oooooh! I normally go for the hot muscular bodies but something about the guy just works for me.
2. He is non-filmy and comes through as fairly grounded – even though he is this huge larger-than-life hero
3. He is a good father and a family man
4. Oh Did I mention his good looks? ~ never mind, it can be repeated
5. He’s versatile, like the papplu that makes the winning hand. You can pair him with any leading lady from Kajol and Shilpa to Anoushka and voila – you have a hit
6. You can watch him in brooding intense roles as the hockey coach of a woman’s team and it works, you can watch him as a shy dude or a cold and unscrupulous Don, it works
7. Oh did I mention the boyish dimpled smile – oh I did – never mind
8. He is from Delhi and that is nice
9. He proudly proclaims that he is a Joru Ka Gulam, that is so refreshing! He comes through as humane and normal. Either he is a damn good actor or is genuinely grounded and balanced.
10. But most of all I love him for the way he has refused to back down in face of the bully boy tactics of Raj Thackeray and his tribe.
Article from Bollyspice
This is Shah Rukh Khan‘s request to those threatening to stop the screening in India of his latest movie My Name is Khan releasing next week. At the London press conference on Wednesday, King Khan was quizzed about his stand and candidly spoke about it. “As a Hindi film hero who’s given an iconic status, it scares me to say anything. Our stakes are very high. I want to apologize to Karan Johar, Kajol and the MNIK team because what I say and believe is going to affect their work and I have no idea how to change that.”
His recent comments supporting Pakistani cricketers playing in India has cause right-wing organisation Shiv Sena to threaten the screening of his film in Mumbai. They have even burnt effigies of the actor as well as Aamir Khan who has the same stand.
In the past although his colleagues have apologised to Shiv Sainiks, Shah Rukh has a different approach to it. “I really don’t know what the issue is about and what do I need to apologise for. Am I supposed to retract to I’m an Indian but I don’t want anyone to come to my country?”
This incident has also affected Shah Rukh emotionally. “When a film releases, you are tensed but highly excited and I work for that excitement. But this time I am just sad and it is not jetlag.”
Amitabh and Jaya Bacchan apologised, Karan Johar apologised. I never understood why. But Shah Rukh took a stand! I truly love and respect him for this!