I actually researched for this blogpost! In simpler language, it means that I asked my sons what they want in life ….. (and from the ladies in their lives! 😛 ) Damn, the replies were interesting!
1. Peace and quiet …. humph! Considering that both the women in the house go out to their respective offices, the only noise in the house is made by them and them dratted dogs.
2. A simple life. Now this one was a hoot. A simple life means a 70 inch TV in the bedroom, with Sports on, beer and chicken tangri on the side. Oh yes, the wife and mother are not allowed to get to the remote.
3. Men want to scratch their balls without their women cribbing about it. Yes, it is a physical problem and they are dealing with it in the only way it has to be dealt with, so look the other way ladies!
4. Men understand that their women are not little girls. They can open doors and even put the toilet seat down when they need to use the loo. Stop cribbing.
5. While on the subject of cribbing, men would like it very much if they asked a girl “How was your day?” and get a one word reply “Fine!”
6. Men think that today’s women are strong, bold and beautiful. They would not mind it if they also paid for some of the meals they ate together. While on the subject of independence men want a woman who is not demanding, does not get clingy all the time, has her own life and likes it that men do too.
7. Men would like the woman to not nag, which means that not comment about the weight gain, back seat drive or even doubt their ability of getting anything done.
8. Ultimate desire for male equality ….. GPS in a male voice.
9. Men would like to be able to buy the latest Gizmo without having to explain to their women why they need it.
10. WWE and TNA is not Neanderthal. It is sport. Guys would like ladies to please understand that.
11. Men want women to learn how to accept compliments. If a man says that you are looking hot, the reply is not, “Oh, but I have put on weight”, or, “Oh but this color is so dull.” The correct reply is “Thank you”.
12. The only thing that looks good on the German Shephard is a collar with spikes. Do not dress up the dog in a cute poncho or make it wear ear rings and tiara.
13. Shorts and tanktops in the bedroom=Ossumness, second only to wearing skin and a wide smile. No granny nightgowns please
14. Porn is good for mental and emotional health. Do not make a face.
15. Men want to be able to check out the hot stuff in the room without their partner throwing a hissy fit. It is just like window shopping for women. They are just programmed that way.
16. Please pick up some recipes from my Mom! (This one is from the foodie in the Phoenix House aka Kid#2)